Tuesday 12 January 2016

Making and designing the digi-pack

I first started with the design I had for my advert. Instead of a aqua colour I added a dark 
blue and added the words little mix many times to give it a modern and pop like style. However I later didn't like the idea for the dig-pack and changed it to the advert. I took a different photo of the girls and then tried something different.  I thought that the eye did not travel enough. I needed a design which was more interesting and something that fitted within my genre and aim towards my target audience more.                                  
























I then Placed then on a dark black and purple background. I wanted to have an image of an open book, in front of them so I created beam of light. I painted it using the colours on photoshop and decorated it with small stars. I then cut out an image of paper balls and place them so it looked as if they were flying out of the book. This would give it a school-like feel to it due to where it is set. I used a light white for the title however it did not pop enough nor stick within my genre.


So I replaced it with the same font I have on my advert, creating a link. I place the book on the image and also changed the background to a darker purple. I added the small font of little mix under the book with a light and magical blue. This whole image was much more interesting to me and worked more effectively. I will post an image of all 4 pages of the dig -pack later in time.

However a few days later I had realised that this end product was not what i originally had hoped for. It was slightly tacky and didn't really fit within my genre. I started looking at more albums and digi-packs and gained a few more ideas. I wanted my digi-pack to be colourful and bright and not dingy.
I then created this cover, it was everything I
wanted and I loved it. I gained my inspiration from artists such as taylor swift and Meghan trainer, albums like 'Title' and '1989'.
When looking at different ones, I thought I wanted something quite funky and bright. I looked on the internet and saw this one. I downloaded it and I though it wasn't right. The white was too bright and didn't carry the connotations I was looking for.











Here are some of the other covers.









No comments:

Post a Comment