Monday 11 January 2016

Making and designing the Advert


First I started with an original image of the girls. I cut them out from the background and feathered the outside of their body, making blurred effect.

I was then able to place them on top of the image of the bookcase. I painted over the title of the bottom book so I could add font later. I then went into detail and created shadows and ways to make the girls look realistic and in the image.

Afterwards I was able to place the apple in the shot. I moved it around and also added shadows to it as well as giving it the right colour correction.

I wanted a background that would stand out and fir the chosen genre. This bright aqua was perfect. The new Meghan Trainer album gave me inspiration as well as having the same target audience as I do.

I then started looking for fonts. I found this perfect, girly, handwritten - like font. It was casual and quite funky. I used the same font however now with a golden colour instead of block black or white. This is the same title design as my digi-pack has. I was keen on creating a link between the two designs.

I wrote the smaller details on the bottom book and added a few colour corrections and I was done. However after remodelling my digipack I realised that the advert didn't really fit within the genre anymore. Instead it didn't look right.













I decided to use the colours pink instead. It gave it more of a pop and also stuck within my genre and target audience. I liked the idea of adding different colours of red which sticks out among the pink. I have stylised the books on the bottom of the page so that they come across as being more drawing-like and as if they were from a story book. I have used the same design of the three girls as before and I feel like this will re iterate anything I have used in other texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment